BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA
Makes 24 servings
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1 (16 - ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15.5 - ounce) can unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can unsalted corn kernels, drained or 1 1/2 cups frozen
- 1 (14.4- ounce) can low-sodium chopped tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried (parsley may be substituted)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving.
3. Serve with chips or as a vegetarian side dish
Nutrition Information Per Serving
35 calories, Total Fat 0g, Saturated Fat 0g, Protein 1g,
Total Carbohydrate 8g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sodium 190 mg
Taken from: Cooking with Steps to Health. For more information and great recipes contact the office at (336) 372-5597. Be sure to check back often.